Sunday, 24 April 2011

Day 221

Good Evening everyone and a Happy Easter everyone!

When you're away, you have more time to think about things,  and although I had a wonderful day today with family, there are quite a few points I wanted to pick up on from things throughout the day!

First is from a conversation I had with James this morning about religion (what with it being about Easter and all) - and, the more I thought about it, the more difficult it was to put into words. Now, we all know there are dwindling numbers of devout religious citizens among us, but, I still think religion plays a part in who we are as a people. This is how the conversation went:

James - "I'd like to have something to believe in, more comfort at death :/ but my brain says 'NO IT'S ILLOGICAL! so Science FTW aha :P"
Me - "Of course it's illogical, but where's the harm in the beautiful hymn music, awe inspiring architecture and art, the poetry or moral, the hope and comfort that millions find? Sometimes I like to put being human before science."
James - "Hmm, a nice view on life!"
Me - "Hmm, I'm not an optimist by any means, but, I guess life's too short to dash hope, fight logic all the time and why not give people that inner peace? I know religion tears people apart, but look how it brings people together."

The point remains, self-confessed proud atheists are more than happy to take a stab at religion, and indeed I am as well on some occasions, but, perhaps we are all a little intolerant of religion sometimes? I dunno.. maybe not. That's my view.

Anyway, I hope we're all enjoying our chocolate?

Good, I'm glad I've got your attention.

For everyone who uses 'gay' as an insult, consciously or subconsciously, I want you to stop and think about it. Now we're at a time of being 'at peace' with fellow humans, I think we all should just think about it.

As I said to someone the other day; I don't believe in gay rights. I believe in human rights. The LGBT community should not need to campaign for their own rights, they should be there, they should have them, they should not be challenged or protested? Philip Spooner, an 86-year-old man from America had this to say on this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrEbJBFWIPk - THAT is what a true hero is.

So, to everyone who thinks it's a bad thing to be gay, to be different, if you think it's bad, or unnatural, you know what, you're nothing but ignorant. I won't damn you to hell, I won't complain at you, but, perhaps you'd benefit from opening your eyes a bit, eh?

In a slightly unrelated note, Rachel writes a fashion blog, and I'll be honest, I've actually used it to find things before, it's seriously worth a read - check it out here: http://wheredidyougetthat.blogspot.com/

That's all everyone. Sweet Dreams.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment