Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Day 277

When I said on Day 120 that, 'I wonder what 2011 will bring', I didn't realise what an understatement that was.
It's the 9th August, 8 and a bit months through the year, and what have we faced so far?! Well.


+ Death of Osama bin Laden
+ Egyptian Revolution
+ Libyan/Syrian Uprising
+ The Hacking Scandal and Closure of the NOTW
+ The Japanese Earthquake/Tsunami
+ The Royal Wedding, Watched by 2billion people.
+ Ratko Mladić is arrested
+ The World's First Artificial Organ Transplant is Successful
+ The Norway Terror attacks
+ The Death of Amy Winehouse
+ The Death of Elizabeth Taylor
+ London Riots


It's been an eventful year, hasn't it! God only knows what's to come for the rest of the year.


However, back to the London Riots. And what more can I say. I think almost everyone I know is as totally disgusted as I am. 


In fact, let's name and shame some people, shall we? 


http://twitter.com/#!/missgucci13
https://www.facebook.com/people/Jenna-Major/100000132288227?sk=wall (http://i.imgur.com/B4GsX.jpg)
http://twitter.com/#!/se7bird


fuckers. 


I'll be the first one to praise the police.


Y'know, normally I'd rant a lot about this, proper go for it, but you know what? These people don't deserve the time of day. They'll continue to riot tonight I shouldn't wonder, perhaps more violently than last night, and if they do then we shall stand united against them. 


For those of us who continue to blame the police for their lack of response, there'll be 16,000 officers in London alone tonight, all police leave is cancelled, holidays for policemen, such as my neighbour, have been cut short for them and their families to deal with this disgrace. Parliament is being recalled on Thursday to deal with this too, and, though I feel I may be an advocate for some more extreme solutions, let's see how the police deal with it tonight. It has already been suggested that if 16,000 officers can't deal with it, then there's a possibility of introducing a curfew for the day after that. 


Who knows. I'll leave you with this uplifiting image. 


"As looters and rioters smashed up shops, looted and fought with police in Camden Town, Philippa Morgan-Walker, 25 and her husband, Jonny Walker, 31, made tea for the police who were protecting their street. Some of the officers had been on duty for more than 30 hours."



An interesting day, to say the least. :4


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment