Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Day 280 - A

A-Z Blogging Challenge - Day 1 - A - Animals

Here we go then, animals.

I have to say, this was one of the more mundane subjects that have been prescribed, but here goes :)

My first pet, a dog, called Summer. She was only with us for a few days, but in that time, I managed to fall over and cut my face open. That's pretty much all I remember about Summer, she had to go back :/

Next up was Sophie, our second dog, a gorgeous whippet/lurcher breed. Tall, black, sleek, fast, but still rather odd! Here's a photo of mum and I with Sophie, when I was.. oh. 7 years old?

Unfortunately, she was put down a few years together due to cancer and complications with a leg breakage, and that was quite hard on us all really, she was such a lovely part of our family!

Clearly, we couldn't go replacing her straight away, and in the interim, I had a couple of goldfish, one of whom lasted about a week, but the other, well she lasted ages!

Cadbury died within a fortnight or so, bless him, but Rose (yes, a goldfish, called Rose...) - well she lasted years! I remember, when we went away on holiday, she refused to eat her food block, and we got home to be greeted with a rotting fish with a hole through the stomach. Hello toilet flush. Ah, the good ol' fish funeral!

However, the next dog came along soon after, and what better way to follow on from the loss of a dark and elegant dog to get a totally stupid, fat, short one?!

Alas, let me introduce Misty, another rescue dog to you, and a photo of 15 year old me :P

She's still with us, and, still eating.
And still putting on weight...

But other than that, I've not had a long line of pets by any means, hence why I felt this post would will be a little dull, so I do apologise for that!


However, on a more trivial note, The Animals version of 'The House of the Rising Sun' is one of my favourite songs from the 1960s..

My ideal pet? I don't know! I don't know if I'm really a pet person, I like pets, but, only when I don't have to clear up after them, I'd really not want a pet that I'd have to spent hours just, clearing out!

A similar idea as to why I don't really want children, come to that! Plus there's the whole hassle of having to deal with them when you go on holiday, et cetera.. Really, instead of having a cat to cuddle up to, I'd rather have another person. Tbh. :)

So there you go, 1 day down, 25 to go, and just under 200 of you came to read this yesterday, I was impressed!

REMEMBER! ASK QUESTIONS! The Formspring widget is there! I'll be answering them in the Q&A when we get to Day Q :)

Anyway, ciao :) <3 :4

No comments:

Post a Comment