Friday, 24 February 2012

Day 302 - Welcome Back!

Yes, I know.

It's been far too long, but, I'm back. For as long as I can, at least, and probably not daily, but, hopefully regularly enough that I can write decent posts about things more than the trivial.

So, let's start with what's happened since last September.

Well, as you can imagine, quite a lot, quite a lot indeed. We've had heartbreak, heart-warming moments, death, birth, Christmas, My 18th, Friendships formed and lost, smiles, tears, music, film and theatre, birthdays, and so on and so on.

But enough about me! How are you?! I hope you're well.

I realised, the older I'm getting, the more bitter I'm getting. Not only bitter, but sort of, cynical. I think it's more cynicism than anything else. For example, whenever I watch the news, I seem to just despair at how unjust the world seems to be, I know, quite a miserable opening for the first blog post for a while!

Just a few examples recently, today on the news, retired businessman Christopher Tappin is to be extradited to the US for allegedly selling batteries to the Iranians for nuclear missiles. This man doesn't have a criminal record, British judges say that the extradition is legal and the European Court of Human Rights won't intervene in the extradition.

Meanwhile, Abu Qatada, once described as 'the right hand man for Al-Qaeda in Europe' was released a few days ago, and it was claimed he couldn't be deported as 'he wouldn't get to face a fair trial', whereas of course, Mr Tappin, with a chronically ill wife, is to stay in an unidentified US jail while Mr Qatada is freely roaming the streets of London. At a cost of £10,000 a week to the UK taxpayers.

I dunno, is it just me that thinks that this is.. well, wrong?

Something that made me chuckle this morning, is that the man who set fire to the Reeve's furniture shop in Croydon has admitted to arson today. So, what with teenagers bearing the brunt of the attack, and similar attacks across London, how old was he? Bearing in mind all the bad press that all these teenagers got, the broken society was in the youth, teenagers were responsible for the rioting! All these teenagers, they're all to blame! Oh, sorry, didn't I mention how old Gordon Thompson, the arsonist was? He was 33.

Not 13, not even 23, but 33. Twice the age of most of those accused of the rioting.

So FUCK YOU MEDIA. FUCK YOU AND YOUR FUCKING PRE-JUDGEMENTAL ATTITUDES. FUCK. YOU.

Joke's on you.

Anyway. I'll leave you all to your days.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment